The second tournament of this year’s Speedway Grand Prix series is behind us. Bartosz Zmarzlik took third place in Warsaw.
Bartek competed for the first points in this tournament in the second run. The second race was repeated after Zmarzlik fell on the track on the second bend of the first lap. Leon Madsen also fell, but managed to lay down his motorcycle so it did not hit Zmarzlik. The Pole was excluded from the replay by the referee. The race ended with Bewley winning ahead of Madsen and Dudek.
Race five was nothing to write home about. Bartosz Zmarzlik was lagging behind from the start. This fight ended with Woffinden winning. Despite his ambitious riding, Zmarzlik was unable to get ahead of Lindgren, who was in second place. Michelsen came last.
Jack Holder had the best start in race ten. Zmarzlik overtook the Australian on the outside and scored three points. One point went to Nilsson, and the last to cross the finish line was Lambert.
In the fifteenth race Bartek started from the fourth position in a yellow helmet. On the first bend, he broke into the lead and scored another three points in this tournament. The second was Doyle. Janowski scored one point and Kowalski none.
In the twentieth race Bartosz Zmarzlik fought an interesting duel for two points with Max Fricke. In the end, he turned out to be better in this competition. The race was won by Martin Vaculik.
For the first time in his career, Bartek advanced to the final in Warsaw. In the semi-finals, the Pole came to the finish line behind Jack Holder. On the straight, however, Zmarzlik had to work hard to overtook Vaculik and Woffinden, but he succeeded.
The grand finale had to be restarted after Jason Doyle had lost control over his motorcycle and fell on the track. The contestant was excluded from the replay. In the second run, the Pole was at the start again. The race was won by Lindgren, but Bartek was competing with Holder for two points until the finish line. In this duel, the Australian turned out to be slightly better than Zmarzlik.
1. Fredrik Lindgren (2,2,0,3,2,2,3) 14
2. Jack Holder (3,2,2,1,3,3,2) 16
3. Bartosz Zmarzlik (w,1,3,3,2,2,1) 12
4. Jason Doyle (3,3,3,2,2,3,w) 16
5. Martin Vaculik (2,1,3,2,3,1) 12
6. Max Fricke (1,3,2,2,1,1) 10
7. Daniel Bewley (3,0,3,1,2,0) 9
8. Tai Woffinden (1,3,0,3,0,0) 7
9. Leon Madsen (2,0,1,3,1) 7
10. Maciej Janowski (2,2,2,1,0) 7
11. Mikkel Michelsen (3,0,0,0,3) 6
12. Robert Lambert (1,0,0,2,3) 6
13. Bartłomiej Kowalski (0,3,1,0,0) 4
14. Anders Thomsen (0,2,2,0,0) 4
15. Kim Nilsson (0,1,1,1,1) 4
16. Patryk Dudek (1,1,1,0,1) 4
Heat after heat:
1. Michelsen, Vaculik, Lambert, Kowalski
2. Bewley, Madsen, Dudek, Zmarzlik (w)
3. Holder, Janowski, Woffinden, Thomsen
4. Doyle, Lindgren, Fricke, Nilsson
5. Woffinden, Lindgren, Zmarzlik, Michelsen
6. Fricke, Janowski, Dudek, Lambert
7. Kowalski, Thomsen, Nilsson, Madsen
8. Doyle, Holder, Vaculik, Bewley
9. Doyle, Thomsen, Dudek, Michelsen
10. Zmarzlik, Holder, Nilsson, Lambert
11. Bewley, Fricke, Kowalski, Woffinden
12. Vaculik, Janowski, Madsen, Lindgren
13. Madsen, Fricke, Holder, Michelsen
14. Lindgren, Lambert, Bewley, Thomsen
15. Zmarzlik, Doyle, Janowski, Kowalski
16. Woffinden, Vaculik, Lindgren, Dudek
17. Michelsen, Bewley, Nilsson, Janowski
18. Lambert, Doyle, Madsen, Woffinden
19. Holder, Lindgren, Dudek, Kowalski
20. Vaculik, Zmarzlik, Fricke, Thomsen
21. Doyle, Lindgren, Fricke, Bewley
22. Holder, Zmarzlik, Vaculik, Woffinden
23. Lindgren, Holder, Zmarzlik, Doyle (w)
Foto: Tomasz Przybylski